Haystack Oncology is a precision medicine company based on over two decades of technology & clinical development in the field of liquid biopsy. The mission of Haystack Oncology is to develop and deliver to the clinic a best-in-class personalized cancer diagnostic to identify the maximal number of patients with residual, recurrent, and resistant disease that stand to benefit from proactive clinical interventions. Haystack Oncology’s best-in-class MRD test delivers more sensitive earlier detection of lurking disease leading to better chances for cure and aims to benefit all patients with cancer.
About the Role
Haystack Oncology is hiring a Head of IT who will be responsible for developing and executing the IT strategy and operations, including defining technology requirements and solutions over the next several years to drive innovation, prepare for first product launch and to establish efficiencies across the organization. The Head of IT will be responsible for overseeing IT applications development, IT operations, security and infrastructure and an outsourced support staff, all in support of a fast-growing and dynamic company with a product launch planned for 2023 for the clinical and Biopharma market. The Head of IT will be highly collaborative and focused on building relationships across the company, and will leverage these capabilities by fostering a positive, constructive culture within the technology team. The Head of IT will be a focused, results-oriented leader capable of delivering significant technology initiatives and outstanding IT support/internal operation.
What to Expect at Haystack Oncology
- Participation in the development of an innovative technology with an international team and the world’s leading cancer genetics experts
- An international and exciting environment
- Flexible and mobile working
- Above-average development opportunities in an up-and-coming start-up company
- Competitive compensation and benefits
Here Is What You’ll Do:
- Develop processes and workflows which maximize efficiency of Haystack Oncology’s clinical operations and patient testing logistics. For example, tracking daily shipments of patient samples in concert with the laboratory.
- Strategic planning of technology infrastructure, information system assets, data management, and enterprise security in accordance with business strategies and plans.
- Lead and manage the company's technology platforms, including development of network infrastructure, storage, servers, databases, cloud computing, disaster recovery and backups, telecommunication, and IT Vendor management.
- Research and propose solutions for AWS data transformation, data connections, operational frameworks, and application integration.
- Define and implement cyber security strategy ensuring the confidentiality and integrity of IT and data assets.
- Design and implement IT policies, procedures, and controls in accordance with all applicable compliance and security requirements including HIPAA, US FDA 21 CFR Part 11, HITRUST, SOX, GDPR etc.
- Lead monthly operations reviews.
- Provide change management and communications to support the launch of new/enhanced platforms and services.
- Oversee integration of clinical IT systems with laboratory instrumentation and data storage solutions, including LIMS and automation for laboratory equipment.
- Plan and manage budget proposals and approved budgets in accordance with the company's strategic goals.
- Build technology department by recruiting, leading, and mentoring staff as the department grows.
Here Is What You Will Bring:
- Experience designing and managing technological aspects of new building/laboratory construction.
- Current knowledge on emerging technology that can improve department and organizational performance.
- Experience with clinical laboratory IT infrastructure and understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data requirements.
- Expertise on modern IT infrastructure, cloud-based systems, cybersecurity, and applications across various business functions.
- Experience working and supporting a company with O365, Okta and other cloud native SaaS infrastructure.
- Ability to work with other engineering resources including Managed Service Providers.
- Knowledge of GxP, CLIA, quality systems, regulatory standards requirements for the biopharma industry and SOX compliance requirements.
- Strong leadership, vendor management, project management, organization, and planning skills.
- Extensive experience working on technology solutions for NGS laboratories, including LIMS and automation for laboratory equipment.
- Experience partnering with Bioinformatics team for the generation of NGS pipeline.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate in a fast-paced startup environment with changing priorities and conditions.
- Ability to identify issues and effectively interface with internal and external teams to solve them.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all stakeholders.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple priorities and projects.