Haystack Oncology is a precision medicine company based on over two decades of technology and clinical development in the field of liquid biopsy. The mission of Haystack Oncology is to develop and deliver to the clinic a best-in-class personalized cancer diagnostic to identify the maximal number of patients with residual, recurrent, and resistant disease that stand to benefit from proactive clinical interventions. Haystack Oncology's best-in-class MRD test delivers more sensitive earlier detection of lurking disease leading to better chances for cure and aims to benefit all patients with solid tumors.
The Systems Analyst will assist in the development, documentation, and implementation of the Haystack Oncology’s Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS). You will work in harmony with stakeholders across the company to help effectively translate the CLIA laboratory’s physical workflows and technical requirements into a comprehensive LIMS system.
The Systems Analyst will provide programming and database support in the development and configuration of LIMS features of basic to moderate complexity. You will also assist with training and daily support for LIMS users.
- Work extensively within our cloud based StarLIMS system to configure and develop frontend and backend solutions that further automate our scientific and technical processes.
- Evaluate complex scientific user requirements and convert into functional requirements that will allow for the development of technical solutions.
- Modify and develop custom code using StarLIMS scripting languages and industry best practices.
- Manage workload in Jira and provide timely and accurate status updates on issue tickets that are either assigned or self-assigned.
- Both individually and as a part of a team, troubleshoot, debug, and test technical solutions
- Develop scientific reports using StarLIMS QBE, SQL, and Crystal Reports.
- Provide support to end users.
- Understand and follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) as well as written and verbal instructions.
- Respectfully communicate both textually and verbally with stakeholders.
- Other duties, as assigned, that will contribute to the success of our company and the data systems we deploy.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelors' or greater degree in Computer Science or other STEM-related disciplines.
- 1-3 years of experience in the configuration and customization of a LIMS system is required. Experience with STARLIMS is preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience in software development environments using scripting and programming languages.
- 1-3 years of experience in the administration of SQL or Oracle databases.
- Experience with regulated data systems in a clinical laboratory.
- Experience with laboratory testing and scientific equipment.
- Experience developing custom reports using Crystal Reports or similar.
- Prior experience with a bug/issue tracking system.
Preferred Skills, Qualifications, or Technical Proficiencies
- Ability to develop custom code using scripting and/or programming languages.
- Ability to manage relational SQL databases and develop SQL scripts.
- Understanding of software design controls and SDLC.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal direct supervision in a multiple discipline environment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities. Proficient in diagnosing and providing solutions for bugs and issues.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Certificates in IT related topics are a plus.
Haystack Oncology is an equal opportunity employer. We thrive on diversity and collaboration.